Claim it!

2 Timothy 1:7 "The Lord has not given you a spirit a fear, but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind."

Thursday, September 29, 2011

Life and More Life!

"Last night was our women's ministry's first night in the study of James.  It's actually a women's bible study, I call it "ministry" because I know this is only the tip of the iceberg.  My mother and another godly woman at church started the bible study a year and a half ago after a serious lack of women's anything was noticed by us.  Way to step up to the plate Mom!!  We need fellowship and encouragement from other godly women on this journey.  My spirit was lifted for sure!!

I find myself in a season of trial related to changes at work and an unhealthy friendship with a believer that I had to end last night.  It's been hard but the Lord's timing is perfect and Chapter 1 of James was exactly what I needed.

James 1:2-3 "Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know the testing of your faith produces perseverance."

He is always good to us!  He promises us in the verse that trials will lead to our perseverance, or maturity.

A woman in our group named Carla, whom I consider wise, brought up the Crown of Life mentioned in verse 12.  We talked about how that can help us keep focused on the end goal during trials, this too will pass and God is aware and cares about what is going on in our lives.  She read verse 12 to us in the Message translation.  I'm usually not a huge fan of the Message but I love the way this is put:

"For such persons loyally in love with God, the reward is life and more life."




Life and more Life!  Praise God! Let's live it fully!!

No comments:

Post a Comment