God's timing is not our own. That is something I have known for a long time, and got a refresher lesson in today. I went to work at a new client's this morning only to find out that he wasn't going to school today. They had called to tell me about 5 minutes before I got to the residential facility where he lives. "No nurse if he doesn't go to school." Unfortunately I didn't check my phone so I walked in to take care of my new client but had to turn around once I got there. When I got back in the car I had the message from work and one from my husband. His grandmother had emergency surgery last night and was not doing well. I went and did some errands, like it was a day off. When I got home I had a message updating us about my husband's grandmother, I called my husband and we decided we needed to be with his family at the hospital, about an hour away. He left work and we headed out to be with them. It was a blessing to see them and to see his grandmother perking up a little.
When I walked out the door this morning I had an idea of what my whole day would be like and God had a completely different plan for me. I always want to be flexible enough to follow Him
1 Corinthians 2:9
“No eye has seen, no ear has heard,
and no mind has imagined
what God has prepared
for those who love him.
No comments:
Post a Comment