Claim it!

2 Timothy 1:7 "The Lord has not given you a spirit a fear, but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind."

Friday, November 4, 2011

Fear

     Today I had off of work!  Kind of not a good thing right now as my hours have not been what they once were with the nursing agency I work with.  I've been in contact with our local hospital and I'm hoping to get back in to work at least part time.  This has been a lesson in submission to my husband.  I LOVE doing nursing in kids home.  It's a great fit for me...however the hours are unpredictable and the homes are sometimes far away and even unsafe.  After 2 years of being patient with the agency my husband has told me I need to look for a more stable job, at least part time.  He is right!  I need to hear that from him, I need a kick in the pants sometime!  I also need to submit to him.  If I could make it work I would keep this job forever!!  I love it but I also think it's easy and comfortable for me, fear may be keeping me from going back to harder work.  Which leads me to the second lesson God is teaching me: "Don't let fear stop you if I AM is leading you!"

    Fear of failure, making mistakes, not being able to handle it.  Isn't that the way it is with a lot of new things in life?  We hold ourselves back due to fear or stepping outside of our comfort zones.  Have you ever experienced this feeling?  Have you ever chosen the easy road even though you know God (maybe even through your hubby) is calling you to a more challenging path?  I trust Him that as He calls me He will give me the strength I need to replace the fear.

2 Timothy 1:7 "The Lord has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power, and love, and a sound mind."

2 comments:

  1. Hi Jacqueline! I found your blog through your link on facebook and have loved reading through your honest & inspiring posts - and getting to see a glimpse into the current life of an old friend :) I'm so glad that you are rejoicing in the rich blessings of a life devoted to Christ!
    And this post about fear definitely speaks to what I also struggle with... I think for me it goes back to wanting a sense of control over things and being afraid to REALLY FULLY trust the Lord... as if the God of the entire universe who knows every hair on every head can't handle something for me! Looking at it that way makes me feel silly, but still the fear can so easily creep in. Thanks for sharing - and looking forward to following you more! XO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the comment Michele! Glad to hear from you! Yes my life is what it is because of Christ, without his love and blessing I don't know where I'd be. I knew Him when I was younger, but as an adult He's become such a real friend and my King as well! It sounds like your walk with Him is very real too! I know you were a believer but again, as an adult, it seems like you really are living close to Him too! That's encouraging! Yes I think what you said is so true, we have to really fully trust Him and know that even though it may be scary and we aren't sure of our own abilities, He certainly is in control and it isn't anything he can't handle!

    ReplyDelete