Well fall is is full swing here in Lancaster Co PA and winter is right around the corner I'm sure!! I LOVE fall! It is my most favorite time of year! It's so crisp and fresh and the sun is so bright and warm while the breeze is cool. I love it!
Last winter was our first married winter and it was a hard one financially. Turns out our house, which was built in 1882 doesn't hold heat... at all!! Our oil bills were ferocious. We are braced for it this year. We'll be running space heaters more and we also may have someone blow insulation into the attic floor. Just need to make sure we can afford it...it's like the question is "Money now or more money later?".
I have the pantry really well stocked. Including toiletries and cleaners and all those goodies. I discount grocery shop so for about $150 I really was able to pack the place. I love getting stuff for a steal, as long as it's still safe. Boxes of quaker oatmeal for .50 cents because they're dented, cans of tomato products for a quarter. Umm yes please!! There's a brand called Fantastic World Foods which makes some great vegetarian dried products. There's a sloppy joe mix and also taco filling, chili, refried beans, and hummus that all require just some water and cook time. They were .50 cents this week! At a normal health food store they are around $4.00 We win!! Haha! We're not above that! If you're in this area a few places I'd suggest are:
Ebeneezer's Groceries on 272 in Ephrata
Glenwood Foods on 322 out toward Hinkletown
BB's on 419 in Shaefferstown
Worth your time!!
If you have any advice on saving money for the winter I'd love to hear it!!
No comments:
Post a Comment